Unique categories of geomagnetic activity 2010–2017
This is the dataset generated as described in Coxon et al. (2023): "Extreme Birkeland currents are more likely during geomagnetic storms on the dayside of the Earth".
Please cite the following papers when using this data:
- Forsyth et al. (2015): https://doi.org/10.1002/2015JA021343
- Walach & Grocott (2019): https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JA026816
- Coxon et al. (2023): https://doi.org/10.1029/2023JA031946
This dataset is a list of timestamps at 1-minute cadence from 00:00 UT on 2010-01-01 to 23:59 UT on 2017-12-31. Each timestamp is assigned an integer category where the integer is defined as follows:
- 0. The timestamp is during quiet times
- 1. The timestamp is during storm times
- 2. The timestamp is during a quiet-time substorm
- 3. The timestamp is during a storm-time substorm
Unveiling the timescales and intensities of solar-terrestrial interactions using novel datasets and techniques
Science and Technology Facilities CouncilFind out more...