ORW : Narrative CVs
Video of ORW session on Narrative CVs, from Monday 27th March 2023.
As part of a wider community drive to adopt responsible and fair approaches in research assessment, narrative CVs provide an opportunity to part ways with historically narrow definitions of success. This new format generally takes a more descriptive approach but importantly it provides a space for researchers to share their varied and diverse contributions to research in a consistent way and across a wide range of personal circumstances and career paths. Narrative CVs are certainly not new but their community adoption is growing rapidly. As a result, now more than ever researchers and those supporting researchers need to be aware of the opportunities and challenges they present.
In this session you will learn:
- What is a Résumé for Research and Innovation (R4RI)-like Narrative CV.
- UKRI’s approach to R4RI-like Narrative CV.
- The benefits and challenges of transitioning to narrative CV's, for researchers, assessors and support staff.
- Work of the communities – Joint Funders Group (JFG) and Alternative Uses Group (AUG).
- Résumé Resources Library – resources available to help you transition from a traditional to a R4RI-like Narrative CV.
Tripti Rana Magar (Senior Strategy Advisor, UKRI)
Hilary Noone (Research and Innovation Culture Lead, UKRI)